2.07.2011

13.1 MILES OF MIND, BODY & SOUL

Let me start by saying: I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! AMEN!

I did it! We all did it! Feeling accomplished and overjoyed that we all completed 13.1 miles along the streets of PCH, huntington beach to bolsa chica, around the way yonder and back!!! A beautiful morning to run, air was light and weather was perfect, being surrounded by supportive family and friends, we couldn't ask for anything more.

We were all blessed to have gods presence during the whole race. I kid you not, if it weren't for my praise and worship songs and Chad's DJ remix on my ipod it would've been more difficult to stay strong and focused. Also a complete breakfast, peanut butter banana sandwich and one orange helped me and gave me sustained energy.  Not to forget GU and 2 bags of energy jelly beans which brought me to finish as I downed the whole bag at mile 11. LOL!!! It's definitely a mind game, I can see how easily it is to get discouraged from all the other runners passing you up, but I kept asking my cousin Ginny, are we ok? She kept telling me yes we're fine, trust me we'll catch up towards the end, and sure enough we did.  I give all the credit to my supportive cousin who found out last minute that she was going to run, Thanks Kate & Pam!  Knowing it was my first half, she stuck by my side the whole time, she encouraged me and kept us on a steady pace.  With my right leg going numb at mile 3, and having to use the restroom come mile 4, we were non stop the rest of the way as we trotted and finished 13.1 miles in 2:58!!! Not bad considering I gave myself about 3 hours to finish.

I had no clue what to expect.  A lot of activity happened from beginning to end from what I can recall, at mile 6, I spotted my Uncle Miko and cheered him on but he didn't hear me, since he was so focused lol, at mile 7 I spotted my friend Andrea yelled my heart out and was waving frantically for her to see me, but she was in the zone! Kudo's to her, my uncle miko and aunty amy who beat their estimated time. So happy for them! Then at mile 8 Chad calls me to ask how I was doing and to to veer to the left when I finish, lol. All I remember was telling him 5 more miles babe just 5 more, ok bye! Mile 9 we saw our friend Kate and chatted for a bit to make sure everyone was ok.  Mile 11 we saw our other Aunt, aka free-99 (lol jk,) who was determined to run and finish with us and she did.  I can honestly say this experience was so much fun, such a supportive group of strangers cheering you on, excited and energetic volunteers giving you water, vitalyte, and shark candy...and all kinds of other free goodies afterwards: beer, coffee, snacks, and much more.  I look forward to running again and training a lot more harder for the next run. Thank you all for the prayers, support, love and kind words of wisdom!  This was one of my life long goals that Im glad to have reached it.

With determination, motivation and heart anything is possible.  Here are some shots I got from the expo and on race day. Enjoy!

Check out Chad's site, he will be posting more pictures soon!

For Liza

For Chad

Just got my number! So excited!

Expo

Ginny you are my inspiration!

WooHoo We did it!

My very first longboard! :)

Helping with the soreness! That and Motrin!

Free-99! lol
My reward post 13.1 miles...lol! Taken on my Iphone! 

My support system! Thank you, I love you all so much!



2 comments:

  1. you go girl!! i swear one day im gonna run a marathon and im gonna need that playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I am so proud of you! It was such a joy to cross that finish line and witness this accomplishment together. May this be the first of so many more!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete