2.05.2011

DAILY DEVOTION

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. -Philippians 4:6

With my first half marathon coming this weekend, I've been feeling overwhelmed with training, a bit fatigue, and under the weather (due to flu season)... So in the midst of it all, I'm glad I came across this scripture as a reminder that at the end of the day God's always in control and is always faithful.  I took in this scripture as: learn to strive for a humbled heart, be grateful for what we have, pray about everything good & bad, don't be weary, seek and give God our troubles, doubts, fears, etc. And in return because he is the great physician, he will take care of all our needs no matter what circumstance arise.  When we make this known to him he blesses us with the desires of our heart and pours out his favor on us... unconditional love, peace and understanding.

Since my goal for this race is to merely finish,  I plan to sign up for more 5ks, 10ks and maybe one more half marathon. Crazy right? lol not really, for me its a good way to keep small accomplishments and staying motivated to a healthier living.  Today the family and I will be picking up my ''bib" for the race. I will keep you all posted and hope to get some cool flicks from my husband Chad come race day :) YAY!

Thanks for the support and love, hope you all have a great and eventful weekend :)

Blessings on blessings,
-LizaR

2 comments:

  1. God is always so faithful and will bless over and beyond what we can imagine. All we have to do is ask and trust him. I hope all goes well with the marathon!!

    ReplyDelete